I am Candice Lela Rolingson a multi-international award-winning Independent Documentary Film Producer and Marketing Specialist with over (16) years’ experience in the music, film and television sectors of the creative Industry. My a Film and TV Industry professional practice spans all aspects of pre- and post-film production, including research and development, concept and script development, television and documentary production management with experience in electronic publishing, graphics, video production, sourcing funding/grants, budget management, talent casting, location fixing/scouting, recruitment /supervision of crew, event management, integrated digital platform managing and outreach marketing, advertising and public relations, to support mass communications for international film distribution, documentary, television and commercial productions and location management.
My (10) years of marketing experience has provided me with strong marketing skills and allowed me to surpass the strategic goals of the projects I worked on. These include the annual film premieres, product launches of a documentary, book and website, over (4) Artiste and (2) clothing lines, and the management of the largest World Aids Day health and knowledge fair held on the Brian Lara Promenade.
My extensive marketing experience has also resulted in the successful launch of my (3) companies and the attainment of (3) multi-international awards for my film, Positive and Pregnant. I am also well versed in the design, creation and maintenance of social media and online marketing platforms including search engine optimization and analytics with metrics, as well as email, direct and relationship marketing.
I am the Founder/ Principal Consultant of (2) companies which both provide support services to the creative industry:
(1) Fashionista Image Management which offers holistic image management services such as personal shopping, wardrobe audit, executive image management and makeup for theater, TV and film; (2) Film Locations which provides location scouting, management and concierge services to local and international film companies.
I am a social innovator at heart, which lead me to become the Founder / Executive Director of the Walker Lela Foundation for the Empowerment of Women, a nonprofit NGO which provides basic skills education, life-skills and personal development programmes to improve and enhance the quality of life and social functioning of women and girls.
I am anticipating graduation with a MBA certified as International Master of Business Development and Innovation from the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business. I studied in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations (LCCI), I also hold certificates Digital Marketing and Social Work and am a National Youth Award Recipient for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Trinidad and Tobago (2011) and an Alumna of The International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' (ECA) premier professional exchange program- Public Health Issues (2012).
As a Marketing Consultant, Executive Film Producer and Founder / Executive Director of (3) companies, I am certain I possess the depth of knowledge, experience, creativity and commitment to successfully transition, develop and implement the development to production, marketing and promotional strategies required to assist your organization in innovatively attaining its strategic goals.
Positions Held to Date:
- Business Developer, Marketing Strategist and Innovator – July 1996 to Present (20 years 0 months) | Global
- Founder / Executive Director, The Walker Lela Foundation empowering families for the future, a social enterprise - January 2010 to Present (6 years 9 months) | Trinidad and Tobago
- Independent Film Documentary, Executive Producer and Location Manager- March 2007 to Present (9 years) | Global
- Founder/ Principal Consultant, Fashionista Image Management - July 2006 to Present (10 years 3 months) | Trinidad and Tobago
- Member Relations Officer, Eastern Credit Union Corporative Society Ltd -2005 to 2010 (5 years 5 months) | Trinidad and Tobago
- Image Management Specialist, to international music impresario Christian Carbaza Ltd, development for emerging entertainment artiste - 2000 to 2012 (12 years) | Global
- Production Assistant, Little Fire Pictures - 1997 to 2000 (3 years) | Trinidad and Tobago
1996 - 2016 Timeline
significant honors | awards | publications | projects | other accomplishments
- Candidate MBA- Author Lok Jack Graduate School of Business University of the West Indies | Innovation and International Business Development | 2016
- Nominated Ashoka Emerging Innovator | 2015
- Certified as Digital Marketing Specialist at Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business | 2014
- Featured as a ‘talent cameo’ endorsing a Water Conservation Campaign by Executive Producer Water and Sewage Authority | 2013
- Facilitated as a Judge of the Republic Bank RS Teen Great Debate "Be it resolved that sex education in schools contribute to decrease in pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) amongst youth" | 2013
- Presented and Screened at Women Deliver Conference Malaysia, delivered an abstract of a measurement and evaluative research thesis 'The Outcome and Impact on Behavior Change’ effected by viewing the film Positive and Pregnant | 2013
- Certified as a Social Advocate CSW- University of the West Indies | 2013
- Alumna of The International Visitor Leadership Program IVLP- U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' (ECA) premier professional exchange program- Public Health | 2012
- Location Scout, Assistant Location Manager and Actress for 'Home Again Movie', a social interest film based on the plight of deportees to the Caribbean, directed by Sudz Sutherland | 2012
- National Youth Award Recipient Innovation & Entrepreneurship T&T | 2011
- Event Manager, for largest Health & Knowledge Fair, hosted on World AIDS Day by an Inter -ministerial committee and Ministry of People & Social Development's HIV Unit at Brian Lara Promenade | 2010
- Founded The Walker Lela Foundation, families for the future a social enterprise | 2008
- (Executive) Producer, Location Manager for Independent Film and Documentary recognized for multi-international award winning film Positive and Pregnant | 2007- 2010
- Incorporated Fashionista Image Management, providing personal development and holistic image management specialist services to the creative industry | 2007
- Coordinated Publicity, Radio and Press Media, for ‘Rapso Music a Documentary’ film based on the history of an indigenous musical Calypso fusion, with spoken word Poetry art form of Trinidad & Tobago. Directed by Stacy Lela | 2005-2006
- Achieved and surpassed the target number of various financial management services sold via direct marketing Cuna Insurance Family Indemnity Plan | 2005-2010
- Acquired Financial Management skills as a Member Relations Officer at Eastern Credit Union | 2004-2010
- Image Management Specialist and Publicist Marketing Advisor, to Christian Carbaza Ltd international music impresario, provided image development coaching, conducted publicity, promotional music video, photo shoots, for emerging entertainment artiste H2o phlo, Vaughnette Bigford, Ambeka Yankeran, Nebula868, Nihelet Blackman, and many others | 2000-2012
- Graduated Alumna El Dorado Senior Comprehensive School | 1999
- Television and Video Production Assistant at Little Fire Pictures |1997- 2000